NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS but I wanted to share in case anyone wanted to make VHS-style images of their own. >D;
This is my very stripped down process gleaned from a far more complicated tutorial. I used it to make this picture. Hope you enjoy!
The image is a fanart of Motorcity’s Duke of Detroit which is (c) Titmouse :^)
Tools needed: Your ‘fake screenshot’ art, Photoshop
Start reading under the cut!
a helpful artist reference I found on pixiv ^^
at first i thought it was a joke but it actually works
omfg I went from this
this is pretty freakin’ sweet
what the dicks
wow i might just do this
okay so what if I tried a full body
Oh boy I hope I did this right. Since Anon asked, here’s a hasty tutorial on how I do flat colors. This is also how I color pretty much everything in my webcomic. Now you know my secrets!
I am going to try this!
oh dang color process streamlining, awesomeee
Pixars 22 Rules of Story Telling
9 is worth the price of admission, holy crap.
This is genius. So many great writing tips!
And this is why Pixar is a master in their field.
I stumbled upon a website that allows you to blend any colors evenly no matter how opposite on the spectrum they are.
sharing the knowledge
- a quick guide to understanding channel mixer
- curves tutorial
- tutorial on typography: how to use open type feature in your text
- make text your friend: part i - fonts
- make text your friend: part ii - techniques
- how to cut things out in photoshop
- color range
- how to do a silhouette effect
- fast rounded corners in photoshop
- GIF Tutorial: 1, 2, 3
- photoshop serigraphs
- old photo effect
- creating an abstract water color effect
- colorful poster tutorial
- colorful pastel typo tutorial
- create a dramatic western style movie poster
- retro styled poster
- create an intense movie poster
- using negative space/extending backgrounds
- tutorial: scratchy film lines
- fanart tutorial
- variations, color effects, scrolling text
- blending tutorial
- multicolored stripes
- cutting out circles
- how to add google adsense
- tumblr theme tutorial
- tutorial: dotted outlines
- how to fill text with an image
- tutorial: light waves
- textures/brushes guide
- tutorial: torn paper
- how to use masks
- how to auto-cap dvds (and other video files) in kmplayer
- planet photoshop